Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Etsy, Your Entrepreneurship Resource

My friend Holly of Hollyrocks is teaching an Etsy course at Tulsa Community College! I thought this was the coolest idea when she originally told me about it, so I am very excited to share the class with you guys. Please sign up so you can learn helpful tips and tricks about Etsy regardless of if your new to Etsy or a veteran!  You'll also help support a local crafter!

Holly explained the class details best, so I'm going to give you her explanation of the class:

"Hello, crafty people! This is Holly, and I’ve got a bit of news that might interest you. Many craft-savvy folks already know about Etsy.com, but for anyone who doesn’t, Etsy is an online marketplace where consumers all over the world have access to handmade items, craft supplies, and vintage goodies.

If you wanted to set up a shop on Etsy, would you know where to start? I do! That’s why I’ll be teaching a class at Tulsa Community College called Etsy: Entrepreneur Resource. It’s not just for beginners though, I am designing the class so that ANYONE who’s interested in learning the tips and tricks to having an Etsy shop will benefit.

The class will take place on Tuesday, September 28th and Thursday, September 30th from 5:30 til 9:25 pm. And in case you’re worried that you might end up sitting through a total of 8 hours worth of PowerPoint presentations, let me ease your mind right now by saying that’s not the way I roll. I recently graduated with a degree in education, and I’ll be putting it to good use for this class. You can expect to participate in discussions, hands-on activities, an Etsy scavenger hunt, and step-by-step instructions for building, maintaining, and promoting your shop. Most importantly, this class will be FUN! So click right here and scroll to page 10 if you’d like more information on how to enroll."

Page 10 on the website will give you the details, and page 35 has the sign up form. Hurry up and sign up the class is next Tuesday and Thursday!! 

Be sure to check out the Hollyrocks Etsy shop, too!

1 comment:

Holly said...

RENEE!!! This is so nice of you! Thank you so much for helping me promote this class. I'm really eager to teach it, so I appreciate you getting the word out. You're AWESOME, girl!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...