Monday, May 23, 2011

motivating monday - better and bigger

Well the weekend has come and gone and now we’re back to square one: Monday.  What makes Monday great is the chance to start anew.  Fresh, bright-eyed and ready to go (maybe after a couple cups of coffee!), Monday gives us the opportunity to reevaluate what happened last week and how the upcoming week will be better.  That is a big focus for me at GreenerMe – how to make it better!  That’s why I’m creating a new segment on the blog called “Motivating Monday”.  I want to say goodbye to the “case of the Mondays” and shed a positive light on an otherwise downer day.  Will you join me on my positive adventure?

Gary Comer, founder of Lands’ End, once said, “Worry about being better; bigger will take care of itself.”  As a small business owner who also has a day job to tend to (and a house and a fiance and a wedding to plan and kitties and friends…), this quote speaks in magnitudes to me.  I want to be self-employed, by yesterday, but have to constantly remind myself that this is a process and it will not happen overnight!  By focusing more on bettering my business structure and product, the rest of the good stuff will follow.  After reflecting on the past couple of years, I can tell everything just gets better and better.  Going through this process will make the day that I achieve self-employment taste much sweeter :)

So tell me, are you also striving to be a self-employed business owner?  Or if you’re not, what is the biggest goal you have for your life?  I’d love to hear all about it so we can work to motivate each other as the Monday’s pass by us.  Leave a comment at the end of this post and I’ll be sure to reply!  Good luck to you on this week’s endeavors – I congratulate you on striving to achieve your goal and know you will obtain it!

**This week's quote came from GiveMore, an awesome motivational blog/site written by Sam Parker and his crew.  Check it out if you'd like to be motivated!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...