Friday, March 21, 2008

Death

You may be wondering about my absence these past few weeks. Of course business is doing well, which always seems to prohibit and limit my blog posting, but this past month has also opened my eyes to experience death, in it's truest and most real form. Sure, my grandmother died when I was younger, but I looked at it through totally different eyes than I do now. I am an adult now, it kind of changes things.

A very near and dear friend of mine lost her mother a couple of weeks ago. Started as a car incident, ended with hospital negligence. My friend's life will never be the same. Her family will never be the same. I've experience this first-hand, it is very surreal. Soon after another dear friend was in a motorcycle accident. Though he is still alive and well, as broken bones will always heal, he is incredibly lucky. I'm so happy he is still with us! A few days after that happening, my precious and pretty and favorite little girl, our cat Tabby, passed away.

Needless to say, I hope the third time is a charm and my death experience is a thing of the past (for now at least). I remember a few months ago thinking "death is something I've yet to experience, I need to get that experience out of the way and see how to deal with it". Well, the experience is here.

I personally am not afraid of death. I've excepted it as fate of all people, with a peacefulness of never having to experience the downers of life ever again. Life is not something I thought it would be growing up as a small tot, that is for sure! Life is beautiful, but also stressful. While acceptance of my death is previlant, the thought of the added stress and and drain it would add to those around me, hurts my heart.

I don't really know what I'm saying right now, but I wanted to be sure to mark this time in my life so I may look back later and reminisce. Tell your loved ones that you do love them. Make time for them, because in a split moment you may never have that time readily available to you. Make the most of each day, and strive to make your life the best you possibly can. You only have one shot.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...