Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Funny.. Then Sad

So today I was taking Josh to work. He works downtown at two different places, one of them is by some apartments. As we're driving by we notice a nice black shiny Hummer parked outside of some not-so-nice apartments. No problem? Then we notice the rims and tires.. Which they had chained to the car! Literally. There was a chain woven in through the rims and around the whole bottom of the car. We all laughed and went about our day, but I of course kept thinking about it. I realized this was sad.. That we have to chain our rims to our car just because there are crazy people out there who steal rims. Who steal things in general. It's quite sad.

I have a friend who lives in Indiana who was recently robbed, at gun point. Sitting in her car on the phone he just came up and knocked on the window, flashed his gun and asked for her purse and phone. She was right in front of her apartment! Oh and what did he do first? Go to a fast food restaurant.

I know these things happen all the time, but it's sad because I know it will only get worse. I feel a majority of people are being programmed/brain-washed to believe everything is fine when it really is not. I could of course go into politics with this subject, but my opinion does not really matter right now. I think what matters is that everyone has opinions and they educate themselves. Whether you vote, or don't vote, believe or don't believe, talk about it or don't- at least educate yourself and be aware of your surroundings. Things are not peachy right now! We need to get back to basics and rearrange how somethings are done. A change needs to be made and I want you to know, for you, what is right, to you. We are not cows, we do not need to be herded! We live in America, land of the free, and it is beautiful! I'd like it to stay that way.

Good day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...