Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Post of Nature

First I'm going to start with the ugly on this.  I am horribly afraid of bugs, but I have narrowed it down to the biggest bug fear is wasps, hornets, bumble bees..  You know, the really scary ones!  Bees are even less of a fear.  I was stung by a bee as a child and think that was the culprit to my fear.  It's all good though, I deal with it (like that time I dove off our porch onto my face..).  Moving along, I have a friend who made it's home in between the windows of my work room.  It's kind of cool to observe, really.  The thing sits like this most of the time:


I need to research the  whole wasp mating thing.  
How does that work?

Now for the pretty!  We have beautiful Irises growing throughout our yard.  Yellow, light purple and dark purple.  I noticed this yellow one broken yesterday, so I thought I would move it to the porch.  It's very interesting, the yellow smells like honeysuckle, light purple has a regular floral smell, and dark purple, my favorite, smells like GRAPES!  Love.  


 And lastly, my mother had some beauties delivered to my work last week.  How nice and wonderful is she?  It was a particularly cloudy day and the note said, "You are my sunshine on a cloudy day!".  Awww!  I love my mom.



I hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful spring/summer weather!  It's nice to not be a hermit and spend some time outdoors.  Josh bought a soccer goal and soccer ball, already have hockey gear, will eventually get my mom's basketball goal..  I'm really enjoying all the activity lately!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...