Friday, May 28, 2010

Seller Shoutout :: Local Handmade Goodies

I am a born and raised good 'ol Tulsa, Oklahoman.  I love where I live because there are constantly new things to do and see popping up everywhere.  For example, downtown is booming with our new baseball field and the spring/summer welcomes lots of fun art & craft shows, such as the Blue Dome Art Festival and Mayfest.  You know us Oklahomans have some pretty awesome things popping up on the business front, too!  I wanted to mention a few locals today; a few that I think are totally hip and know what's up when it comes to making niche items that everyone enjoys.

First up, is my nature loving, want to make me giggle like a school girl, friend, Holly.  The newest product in her store, Hollyrocks, are these precious mini terrariums.  Make it a necklace or just a cool piece for your desk- I definitely think these are one of the cutest things in town!!  Oh, and for a bonus she is hosting a giveaway in her shop- one lucky commenter will win their very own baby terrarium!!  Check out Holly's blog, here.  She's accepting entries up until June 7th.


Next up is Nikki of Gleeful Peacock.  Nikki makes some quality and unique products, just check out this headband!


I really love Nikki's work and she has really been cranking out some pretty awesome things lately.  Check out her shop for more beauties galore!!

Have you heard of the The Knit Owl?  If not, you are seriously missing out and need to get back on track!!  My friend Amby makes some seriously cute things for home, fashion, and baby.  just check out this precious Rainy Day Wall Cloud!  So awesome.


I love the colors!  Would look great in a baby's room or if you're like me and looove rain, it would be perfect for your favorite rainy day room.   Oh and you remember how I mentioned those cute owl themed baby shower invitations in this post?  This would be the same Ambilicious!  I have received RSVP's from the invites and they are a big hit.  I'll be able to reveal the design after her baby shower.  Can't wait to reunite with everyone next weekend!

Lastly I would like to show off our own bath and body creator, Theraganics!  Just looking at Stephanie's products makes me want to jump in a big pool of bath fizzies.  Can you imagine??  I sure can!!

Lotions, Bath Bombs (pictured) and lip balms are just some of the items you can find in her shop.  Stephanie has a strong passion for creating organic products that are great for your skin; this passion definitely shines through in her high quality bath products!

I feel privileged to sleep within the city limits of these talented business owners.  It is very motivating!!  What is your favorite Oklahoma artist?  I'd love to hear about them!!

2 comments:

Holly said...

This is so sweet of you! I love the fact that you took the time to shed a little bit of love on the locals, and I swear I'm not just saying that because some of the love came my way. ;-)

Theraganics said...

Thank you so much for the mention! I am excited about all of the things in the works here, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...